Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday, August 18th

Dear Parents,

We had a great first three days together in third grade! We spent a lot of time getting to know one another and familiarizing ourselves with classroom procedures and expectations. It was fun to learn about each other through the sharing of the All About Me bags.  Building community is an important part of these first few weeks of school.  This sharing assignment allows us to realize some of our similarities and differences. I am excited about the months to come in third grade.  It will be a year of new experiences and new adventures in learning.

I strive to create an environment in which students feel safe and secure so that they can take the kinds of risks necessary for deep and sustained learning.  Relationships are the foundation of learning, and it is my intention to establish respectful and collaborative partnerships with parents as well as with students. From day one, I would like to establish open, two-way communication with parents. I invite you to share feedback and any information that would help me provide better support for your child. Thank you for your support!

I will be writing newsletters to update you on what’s happening in our classroom, give reminders about upcoming events, and to share any news we might have.  I plan to email the newsletters as well as post them on my website so you will be able to access them at any time during the year if needed.  www.mrsgalt.blogspot.com

I look forward to meeting all of you at our third grade back to school night. This is an informational meeting for parents only.  We will meet in our classroom  on Tuesday, August 22nd at 5:30.

Reminders:
Snacks:
Students can have snack each day in the morning, and they can have another snack in the afternoon if they would like. I do not provide snack so please be sure to send a healthy snack with your child. Water bottles are encouraged.  Please label bottles with your child’s name.  Thank you!

Important Dates for Your Calendar:
Tuesday, August 22rd-Back to School Night 5:30-6:30
Monday, September 4th - NO SCHOOL- Labor Day
Thursday, September 7th - Picture Day

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. You can contact me by email aisha.galt-theis@bvsd.org or by phone 720-561-8616.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Aisha Galt